Google
 

Friday, August 24, 2007

We want a pitcher, not a belly-itcher!

I plan to put up a proper post later in the day, but I just had a bad birthday (not helped by J.C. Romero) and want to share this story by Glenn Miller, one of the best sports writers in the country. I don't know how or why he's stuck here in Fort Myers instead of writing for a major-market daily or a national magazine. All I know is I'm lucky to have worked with him at the same paper at the same time. (Yeah, yeah, I'm being obsequious, I know, but I like his stuff, and my praise here is rather tame when you consider I favor Olbermann for canonization.)

Also, if you're in the area this weekend, you are hereby obligated to attend my birthday celebration beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday at Jumpin' Java in Cape Coral, where Pond Water Experiment will be blowing people's minds with insanely good world music.

Logo courtesy Chris Creamer's awesome site. Am I doling out the kudos today or what?

No comments: